Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update

Sorry for the long absence, fellow GROWers. My internet connection at home has been giving me problems, but hopefully it is sorted out for good now.

Well, last Tuesday I had measurements done again and they were not as good as I had hoped. I lost total body weight but GAINED body fat!! That means I lost muscle! Terrible, terrible, terrible!!

You know, I have been so good. I even resisted dessert on more than one occasion, even when that dessert included yummy caramel!! Well, I was suitably depressed about this last week and decided to have a chicken burger instead of a salad when I took Branston to MacDonalds for supper. Isn't it strange how we have a setback and then want to give up and eat more when we know that will set us back even more? Anyway, I couldn't actually bring myself to finish the burger I had less than half, then ditched the bun and just ate the chicken! I cannot even stomach their chips/fries which I usually love.

Sooooooo, it's back to business. My lovely husband bought me a treadmill for our 15th anniversary so I have no excuses! I know people may think this a strange anniversary gift but since we are so into the whole getting fit and healthy thing, he knew I would appreciate it. And I do indeed!! I gave it it's first trial yesterday morning. Anyway, I gave him a heart rate monitor plus a few other goodies, so we were thinking on the same wavelength.

Now for an update on my other fellow GROWers.

Blondy has been going through a bit of a tough time at home lately. I know this will reveal her identity to those who know her but most had guessed anyway and she has more important things to worry about. Blondy's mom has cancer and it has spread to her brain. Things are not looking good and I would like to ask everyone out there to pray for her(if that is your thing else just send good thoughts her way).

Here is an update from Liz. If you remember she was 92.1kg when she joined GROWby40:
I went to weigh yesterday. I'm down another 0.4kg to 91kg.
I'm happy with my progress so far although I thought it would be faster.
But slow is good for me.
I've started an exercise plan - I found it on Health24 and it covers 6
weeks. It will ease me into excerise again considering I haven't excerised
in more than a year.
I've also started to read Dr Phil's book on the 7 keys to weight loss. I'm
only in the 2nd chapter and haven't reached the 7 keys yet but he talks
about 'getting real'.
Finding a 'get real' weight and not some super-skinny weight that is not
attainable. I haven't reached the section with the weight tables yet and
I'm only starting with the goal setting section. But I will keep you
posted.


Well done Liz, as long as it is steady then slow is good. Don't give up whatever you do.

No comments: